AutoCAD is 3D CAD tool which is used for creating 2D as well as 3D engineering drawings. With the AutoCAD you can easily improve the productivity. You can create various different figures with AutoCAD and one of them is polygon. Polygon is a plane figure which is bounded by chain of straight lines which are closed in a loop. The line segments in the polygons are also known as the sides or edges. The points where two edges meet is known as vertex or corner of the polygon. Now in this tutorial you will learn how can you create polygon by using POLYGON icon.You can also learn about Taking Screenshot in Windows 10.
For creating polygon by using polygon command you need to follow these simple steps.
- First of all you are required draw two circles of any diameters by using the circle icon.
- Now in the next step you need to click on the POLYGON icon from the draw toolbar.
- Now enter the number of sides and the numbers should not be less than three sides.
- In this tutorial we will type in 6 and then press Enter.
- Now you are required to specify the centre of the polygon by typing CEN and then press Enter.
- Now you need to move the cursor around the outer edge of the circle till you see a yellow circle at the center of the bigger circle.
- Now you need to enter the option type and the type in C and then press Enter. (This will create a circumscribed polygon)
- Now you need to specify the radius of the circle by typing in NEAR and then press Enter.
- IN order to create the inscribed polygon you are required to type in I in place of C.