Taking screenshot is a very convenient way of documenting as well as for sharing the screen with others. If you come across a tweet which is very important to you and you fear that it can be deleted by it’s owner or you find a line on Internet which you think is a witty one and need to be shared then there are various different ways of taking screenshots. You can select either Windows Snippet tool or traditional Print Screen key. In the following tutorial you will learn various different methods for taking a screenshot. In Windows 10. You can also learn about Adding Picture in MS Word 2007.
Taking a Screenshot of an Active Window
In order to take the screenshot of an active window you are required to follow these steps.
- First of all you need to press Alt+Print screen keys.
- Now in the search bar located next to the Start Menu you need to type “Paint”.
- Once you type “Paint” you will see paint icon in the search results and you need to select the icon.
- Now in the next step you need to click on Paste icon which is located right beneath the File menu.
- You once you have pasted the screenshot will be in the window which has just been opened.
Taking Screenshot of the Whole Screen:
For taking screenshot of the whole screen you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you are required to press Print Screen keys from your keyboard. Once Print Screen key is pressed the screenshot will be stored in the clipboard.
- Now in the next step you need to type Paint in the search bar which is located next to Start menu.
- Now you are required to select Paint from the search results.
- Once Paint application is opened you are required to click on Paste icon which is located under the File menu.
- After these steps the screenshot will be created.
Taking Screenshot of a Specific Portion of Your Screen in Windows 10
In order to take the screenshot of a specific portion of the screen you need to follow these steps.
- First of all you ar required to select Snipping Tool and for that you need to type Snipping Tool in the Search bar which is located right next to Start Menu.
- Now you need to select the Snipping Tool from the search results.
- When you will select the snipping tool a small window will be opened and from this window you need to select “New” option.
- Now you are required to click and drag the cursor for selecting the area of the screen which you need to use.
- Now you need to release the cursor once the the portion which you want to be in the screenshot have been selected.
- The screenshot is added in Snipping Tool from where you can easily save it.